Together with our InData partners we were planning a joint session at the Beyond 2020 conference, which was scheduled for June 2020 in Gothenburg. Due to corona the event was shifted to an online conference from November 2-4.
The main objective of the session is to introduce our digital solution for facilitating building LCA with affordable effort for manufacturers. Based on
- an open digital database network
- a common digital data format
- (harmonized) qualities
- reliable third-party verified data
Following the requirements of the Beyond 2020 online-conference, we split our contribution into two sessions of 60 minutes each. For each of the sessions, we agreed on a format with 4 short presentations of 5 minutes, followed by a 30-minute Q&A / discussion.
Session I (Nov 2, 15:45 – 16:45 CET)
How digital transformation helps mainstreaming sustainable design of buildings,
Making Building LCA comprehensive and affordable with digital product data from EPD
Moderation/Introduction by Tanja Brockmann (InData) and Christian Donath (ECO Platform)
Keynote by Matti Kuittinen (Senior Advisor at Ministry of the Environment, Finland)
- Jörg Spangenberg (KadaWittfeldArchitecture)
Architect's requirements on comprehensive LCA-tools
- Sebastian Theissen (University of Applied Sciences, Cologne);
co-author Jannick Hoeper
What already is possible and what is to come
- Alexander Hollberg (CAALA)
Requirements to product data sources from an LCA-tool provider
- Oliver Kusche (okworx)
About digital data management in an open database network
Session II (Nov 3, 9:30 – 10:30 CET)
From Manufacturer's Product data to a Sustainably Built Environment,
How digital EPD and an open data network close the communication gap
Moderation/Introduction by Christian Donath (ECO Platform) and Tanja Brockmann (InData)
Keynote by Martin Erlandsson (IVL, Sweden)
- Hakon Hauan (EPD Norge)
The Norwegian approach for digitalization of life-cycle data from products
- Jane Anderson (Construction LCA)
Data qualities and the use of EPD
- Knut Jossang (Pipelife Norge AS, Norwegian SME Manufacturer)
Requirements from a manufacturer in the role of a data-provider
- Sebastiaan Veldhuisen (BIM Sources)
The future of data provision - universal digital product database
Follow this link for more information on Beyond 2020. Please help us advertising the event.
Cities to Be
International Congress on September 12 and 13, 2019 in Angers, France
Our French ECO EPD Programme Operator Alliance HQE GBC is host of this impressive event in France this year. ECO Platform will co-host a session on EPD during the event.
Furthermore, an open Board Meeting will be held on September 11, 14-18 CET.
Please inform us about your attendance under the following link (https://framadate.org/PCybERN6etHFacoW)
EPD & ECO Platform, a successful story
ECOPlatform hosted the 6th of October at Bibliothèque Solvay in Brussels an event to present the last developments of the organization providing European Environmental Declarations (EPD).
The pictures of the event are avaible in our album in Flickr.
Participants had the opportunity to receive the last update about the ECOPlatform activities but also to participate in a lively debate about the role of ECOPlatform EPD in the European market.
The event ended with the handover of the last ECOPlatform EPD issued by our program operations. Congratulations!
Please find the agenda and presentations here:
Presentation of the first ECO Platform EPDs
The event took place in Brussels with more than 70 participants including representatives of the program operators, LCA practicioners, industrial associations and manufacturers.
The last part of the event included the handover of the first ECO Platform EPDs issued by some of the members of ECO Platform.
You can see the pictures in our album in Flickr.
Please find the agenda and presentations here:
- ECOPlatform 14.10.2014 Agenda (102.5 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 14.10.2014 Christian Donath (781.9 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 14.10.2014 Agnes Schuurmans WGII (625.2 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 14.10.2014 Gonzalo Ascensao (728.2 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 14.10.2014 Eva Schmincke WGI (375.7 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 14.10.2014 Vincent Briard (1.1 MiB)
- ECOPlatform 14.10.2014 Oscar Nieto WGIII (488.9 KiB)
Launch of the ECO Platform
On the occasion of the official launch of the ECO Platform on September 24, 2013 at the Sofitel Brussels Le Louise in Brussels, we had the opportunity to get information about the challenges and developments of this European Platform.
Please find the presentations here:
- ECOPlatform 24.09.2013 Agenda (1.8 MiB)
- ECOPlatform 24.09.2013 Christophe Sykes (346.0 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 24.09.2013 Eva Schmincke WGI (154.5 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 24.09.2013 Agnes Schuurmans WGII (778.9 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 24.09.2013 Oscar Nieto WGIII (197.9 KiB)
- ECOPlatform 24.09.2013 Josefina Lindblom (123.4 KiB)