The ECO Board of ECO Platform is formed by the established EPD Programs and Construction Products Europe.
The Board has the steering function for the organizational matters, such as legal and financial issues, general objectives and strategy, risk management, sanctions, general communication, steering supervision of the platform management (secretariat), etc.
The Board delegates the technical and verification issues to the Working Groups. On those matters the Board only takes decisions in case no consensus is found within the Working Groups.
The Board can invite experts to their meetings, if specific expertise is considered helpful.
Sven-Olof Ryding (President)
Aitor Aragón (Vice-President)
Dr. Burkhart Lehmann (Treasurer)
Dr. Owen Abbe
Dr. Michal Piasecki
António Baio Dias
The founding process
In September 2011 a Memorandum of Understanding for the Foundation of the ECO Platform was signed by 27 parties.
The following 11 EPD Program Operators carried the idea forward in a transparent and democratic manner and founded the ECO Platform as an AISBL on June 4, 2013 in Brussels:
- BRE Global - Building Research Establishment Limited (UK)
- DAP Habitat - CentroHabitat (Portugal)
- DAPc - CATEEB - Col.legi d'Aparellafdors, Arquitectes Tècnics i Enginyers d'Edificació (Spain)
- Environdec System - AB Svenska Miljöstyrningsrådet (Sweden)
- EPD Norge - The Norwegian EPD Foundation (Norway)
- Global EPD - AENOR - Asociacion Espanola de NORmalización y certificacion (Spain)
- HQE/INIES (France)
- IBU - Institut Bauen und Umwelt e.V. (Germany)
- ITB - Instytut Techniki Budowlanej (Poland)
- MRPI - Milieurelevante Productinformatie (Netherlands)
- ZAG EPD - Zavod za gradbeništvo Slovenije (Slovenia)
Each of these EPD Programs is represented in the Board. Construction Products Europe is completing the Board representing the European manufacturers of construction products in Europe.
Several further EPD Program Operators, European Associations, LCA Practitioners and Green Building Councils supported the founding process.
ECO Platform is open for membership from all relevant groups.